Jonathan B. Young
Phone: 215-362-2474, Ext. 223
Jonathan Young’s practice covers a wide range of issues including personal injury litigation, general litigation, workers’ compensation, Social Security litigation, ERISA, wrongful discharge and employment law claims.
Personal Injury Litigation
Jon has won damages for Personal Injury Plaintiffs whether in Motor Vehicle cases, premises liability (slip and fall) cases or any other Personal Injury litigation. His history includes winning a major settlement against a national trucking firm involved in a multi-fatality accident on a local interstate. He has had successes in premises liability cases maximizing available recoveries for his clients. His pragmatic, worldly approach optimizes realistic, positive outcomes for his clients.
Jon has handled Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation litigation for over two decades. Jon now exclusively represents Claimants’ in Workers’ Compensation litigation at all stages, from negotiation with insurance adjusters and hearings before Workers’ Compensation Judges at all levels of Appellate litigation.
Jon has a blue-collar approach to the representation of injured workers. He aggressively fights for your right to just compensation.
He is a local attorney with a downtown performance record. For 25 years Jon has assisted injured workers with all types of physical and psychological workers compensation claims.
Call him for a free consultation.
General Employment Matters
Jon has represented and counseled Employers and Employees in a wide array of employment law matters. Those areas range from ERISA, FSLA and COBRA compliance to claims of wrongful discharge from employment. Jon is always available to review and discuss an urgent employment separation issue. Jon and his team pride themselves on fast responses in urgent situations.
Social Security Disability
Jon is well versed in Social Security matters. He handles Claimant’s through all stages of the Social Security Disability application process and subsequent litigation. Jon and his team are always ready to assist Claimant’s from answering a simple question to representing Claimant’s on Appeal. Jon is a member of NOSSCR, the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives and handles all aspects of Social Security litigation.
Jon has successfully represented clients in all types of litigation in the sixteen years he has been with Dischell Bartle Dooley. The cases range from representing homeowners’ and businesses against their insurers in property loss cases to defending local government agencies against civil rights claims.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- General Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – J.D. – 1991 – Honors: Ronald D. Ecker Memorial Award
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – B.A. – magna cum laude – 1988 – Major: Political Science & History
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- McCabe v. WCAB, 738 A.2d 527 (Pa. Cmwlth 1999)
Jon has made numerous presentations to local businesses and organizations on a variety of legal issues. Please contact him if you are seeking a speaker for a local event.
Honors and Awards
- Ronald C. Eckert Award, University of Pittsburgh Law School
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery County Workers’ Compensation Committee, Member
- NOSSCR, the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, Member
- Partner/Owner E. Kenneth Nyce Law Firm, Boyertown, PA
- DBD Law Offices, 1995 - Present
- Lebanon County Court of Common Pleas, Hon. John Walter, President Judge, Judicial Clerk, 1991 – 1992
- Meyer, Darragh, Buckler, Bebenek & Eck, Associate, 1992 – 1995
- Phi Beta Kappa